Kitchen knives come in a variety of shapes and sizes, from small garnishing knives to heavy blades and knives. The only problem is that they all have different uses and are best suited for certain foods. That’s why it’s important to choose the perfect Damascus Knife Blanks for all your cooking needs.
Tips of knife blanks
- The chef’s knife is perhaps the most important knife that every kitchen should be equipped with. Although I said that every kitchen knife has a specific purpose for which it was designed.
- The chef’s knife is the most versatile of them all. It can be used for most basic kitchen tasks, such as cutting fruits and vegetables, dicing meat, and slicing cheese. If you only buy one knife, it should be a chef’s knife.
- A knife blade is much smaller than a chef’s knife and is primarily meant for fruits and vegetables. Because of its small size, it’s ideal for peeling and shucking fruit, although it’s not meant for cutting or slicing fruit, so you may need a different knife for that.
- A carving knife, as the name suggests, is designed specifically for cutting up meat. The long, sharp blade is ideal for controlling the thickness of slices and ensuring you don’t offer your guests thick roast meat.
- The blade is also suitable for working with meat, but not for carving. Its size makes it the knife of choice for cutting bones and tough meat. However, the blade can also be very useful for finer work, such as chopping vegetables and herbs.
- The flat edge is also great for mincing garlic, though you have to be careful not to cut yourself on the sharp side of the blade.
- Unlike most of the other knives we’ve reviewed, the bread knife has a serrated blade.
- This makes it ideal for the serrated edge needed to cut freshly baked bread.
If you use a good, sharp bread knife, you can cut the bread cleanly, and the inside of the bread will remain soft and elastic, rather than the bread being compressed as you cut.
A boning knife is much smaller than a chef’s knife and has a long, thin blade that is ideal for boning meats like chicken. This type of chef’s knife comes in different sizes for use with different sized cuts of meat. If you don’t currently have most or all of these different knives, investing in a knife block can be a great way to make sure you have all of the basic kitchen knives you need to do most things in your kitchen easily and safely.
The cheese knife is the knife with the gracefully curved blade that ends in an arc with two points. It is used as a fork to pick up the sliced cheese. The knife itself resembles a butter knife and is suitable for cutting hard and soft cheeses, both very basic.
Although we have mentioned some of the basic kitchen knives, there are others that are meant for specific tasks that are needed less often; for example, oyster knives are only useful if you eat oysters regularly. But the kitchen knives we’ve talked about here are really the ones that are essential for most everyday tasks, and they are definitely the ones you should have in your kitchen drawer.