Push ups are a type of exercise to train the strength of the biceps and triceps muscles. Collins English Dictionary explains that push ups are a type of exercise to train the midrib and chest muscles.
Explained in more depth, push ups are a type of exercise to train strength by lying down, face facing the floor and pushing with your hands to lift your body up until your arms are straight.
Push up is a type of exercise to train muscle strength by lifting and lowering the body. Merriam Webster explains push-ups are straightening and bending your arms while keeping your back straight and supporting your body on your hands and feet.
The same thing emphasized by Professor of Kinesiology from Manhattan College, Lisa Toscano, EdD launches from Everyday Health , push ups are a type of exercise to train the strength of the muscles of the arms, chest, back, abdomen, and quads.
There are also other muscles that are trained, namely the pectoralis major (chest muscle), anterior deltoid (shoulder), triceps, biceps, rhomboid (upper back muscle connecting the spine and shoulder blades), and trapezius (muscle bundle that extends from the back of the head and neck). neck).
Understanding push ups is a type of exercise to train muscle strength that must be done with the right movement. Here’s how to do push ups, which is a type of exercise to train muscle strength, which Liputan6.com reports from various sources:
1. Start how to do push ups is a type of exercise to train muscle strength, by lying on your stomach, with your palms on an open mat slightly wider than shoulder width.
2. Make sure how to do push ups is a type of exercise to train muscle strength, on the legs straight back and adjust the distance of both feet (maybe shoulder width apart or closer) to get a comfortable position.
3. Then how to do push ups is a type of exercise to train muscle strength, start pushing the body up so that body weight is focused on the hands and feet.
4. When doing this movement, make sure your hands are straight up, and your whole body from head to toe should be in a straight line. The buttocks should not rise up or sag. Tighten the buttocks and stomach so that the posture can be straight.
5. Then how to do push ups is a type of exercise to train muscle strength, slowly starting to bend your elbows to form an angle of 90 degrees. While doing this, don’t forget to inhale slowly.
6. How to do push ups is a type of exercise to train the final muscle strength, exhale while pushing the body using your hands to return to its original position.
Benefits of Push Up for Body Health
If you already understand push ups is a type of exercise to train muscle strength, know the real benefits for body health. This is an explanation of the benefits of push ups for body health that Liputan6.com reports from various sources:
1. Increase Functional Strength
Push up is a type of exercise to train functional strength through the activation of all parts of the body. As you lower your body to the floor, a “burning” sensation will begin to cover the muscles due to the large amount of muscle being used.
2. Stretching Muscles for Vitality
Push up is a type of exercise to train strength by stretching muscles for health and vitality. This is an often underestimated benefit of push ups.
When lowering the body to the floor, the back muscles are effectively stretched, and when pushing the body to the starting position, the biceps are fully stretched.
3. Improve Cardiovascular System
Push ups are a type of exercise to train muscle strength to help improve the cardiovascular system. When the body simultaneously engages large muscle groups, the heart has to work harder to deliver oxygen-rich blood to the muscle tissue.
In the end, push up activity is a type of exercise to train this muscle strength resulting in an effective cardiovascular exercise. Able to support heart health and encourage the reduction of stored body fat.
4. Increase Whole Body Muscles
Push ups are a type of exercise to train muscle strength throughout the body. Throughout the push-up movement, the body recruits various major muscles and stabilizes them.
The more muscle mass used in strength training, the greater the production and release of a special hormone called HGH, or human growth hormone.
5. Protects the Shoulder from Injury
Push ups are a type of exercise to train muscle strength and protect the shoulder from injury. The most debilitating and common injury experienced by older people is a rotator cuff injury.
Understand push ups require stabilizing muscles, which surround the rotator cuff joints, these areas of the body are strengthened and conditioned for dynamic movement.
6. Improve Posture
Push up is a type of exercise to train muscle strength to help improve posture. If your daily activities involve sitting in front of a computer all day, improper posture can occur and damage your health and well-being as you age.
7. Prevents Lower Back Injuries
Push ups are a type of exercise to train muscle strength to prevent lower back injuries. There are some debilitating injuries such as lower back injuries.
This vital part of the body supports almost every movement, so if damaged or injured even the simplest of tasks can become extremely painful.
8. Increase Testosterone and Prevent Osteoporosis
Push ups are a type of exercise to train muscle strength to increase testosterone and reduce the development of osteoporosis. As men and women age, the concentration of various hormones begins to decrease.
For men, the most notable loss is a decrease in circulating testosterone. While preliminary evidence requires further investigation, some suggest the simple movement of push ups increases testosterone production in both men and women.
9. Lose Weight
Push up is a type of exercise to train muscle strength that has an impact on weight loss. Not only increasing muscle strength, push ups that are done regularly can help lose weight by burning body calories. Calories burned from this strength training is about 7 calories per minute.